Methanol (Methyl Alcohol)
What Is Methanol?
Methanol is a colorless, somewhat volatile, liquid chemical with a low boiling point. It is water-soluble and has a variety of uses in industry. You may also see the terms methyl alcohol or wood alcohol used to identify methanol.
- Methanol is part of the process of chemical synthesis to extract water from certain types of fuels. In this method, the substance serves as a chemical intermediate in formaldehyde, biodiesel, and acetic acid, and pharmaceuticals, among other products.
- Methanol is an ingredient in paint, resins, adhesives, and plastics. It is also part of the production of household cleaning products such as disinfectants and the fluid for your car’s windshield wiper system. Methanol is a component in refrigerants and antifreeze as well.
- Methanol is often used in fuel and wastewater treatment facilities, primarily to remove nitrates. It is inexpensive and environmentally friendly, so it’s a popular choice.
- Methanol is also a component in energy production, where it serves as a hydrogen carrier and fuel additive.
- Methanol has become a popular organic solvent product in recent years. It is part of standard extraction methods for the removal of CBD from the hemp plant. The plants are soaked in the solvent, which pulls out the terpenes, cannabinoids, and chlorophyll. The liquid is then reheated, evaporates, and leaves behind the desired products. Handling methanol extracts must be carried out with extreme caution to avoid severe injuries and property damage.
Does Adchem Offer Methanol?
Adchem offers methanol in 55-gallon drums and 270-gallon totes. We can give your business same-day distribution in California, Colorado, and Southern Oregon and nationwide shipping as well. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and dependability, which means your business never experiences downtime due to supply lapses. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your company.